Communication Associate - Better Life Lab
The Better Life Lab at New America is a small team of researchers and storytellers working in solidarity with the movement for work-family justice. We focus on intersectional gender equity, elevating the value of care, and rewiring social policy and workplace culture to work for today’s families. Core to the Better Life Lab’s mission is human-centered research, policy analysis, and journalism. The Lab’s approach to research is creative and narrative-driven. We emphasize translating research and analysis into public-facing materials to change culture and influence the national conversation on family-supportive social policy, workplace practices, and cultural norms
- Manage the Better Life Lab’s social media presence, contributing to and drawing from the team’s social media Slack channel, to post several times each work day on Twitter, with occasional posts on Instagram and Facebook.
- The incumbent may be asked to perform additional duties and take on other responsibilities as dictated by events and circumstances.
- Read widely and contribute mission-related media articles and academic studies to the team’s social media Slack channel
- Oversight of potential summer interns
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Creative approaches, knowledge of family-supportive policies and gender equity issues a plus.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This position is a full-time role with benefits. Annual salary will be between $50,000 - $60,000, depending on experience. The position is open to candidates regardless of location. Flexible, hybrid work arrangements are available for candidates in the Washington DC area. Remote/digital candidates outside the DC area are also encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please no phone calls
New America is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our clientele, our employees and our communities. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination. This is a bargaining unit position.