Policy Analyst/Senior Policy Analyst - PAYA
New America is seeking a policy analyst/senior policy analyst to join the team behind the Partnership to Advance Youth Apprenticeship (PAYA), a multi-year initiative that supports the growth and sustainability of high-quality youth apprenticeship through a combination of place-based investments and strategic field-building activities.
The successful candidate will play a central role in advancing priorities and key projects within the PAYA initiative. Led by New America’s Center on Education & Labor, PAYA convenes and mobilizes the expertise, experience, and collective networks of national, state, and regional partners to: improve public awareness of high-quality youth apprenticeship; intensify learning about the conditions and strategies necessary to develop successful youth apprenticeship programs and systems; and provide direct support to emerging and existing place-based youth apprenticeship partnerships across the U.S.
The analyst will contribute to projects across PAYA’s technical assistance, research, and communication strategies, and should bring to the role a mix of analytical, communication (verbal and writing), facilitation, and project management skills, as well as a commitment to working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism.
To learn more about PAYA, the work of the PAYA National Partners, and the innovative partnerships PAYA supports, please visit newamerica.org/paya.
- Develop and manage relationships with leading practitioners, strategic partners, and external experts to advance PAYA’s technical assistance, research, and communication strategies.
- Lead and support the design, planning, and execution of events, including webinars, workshops, and summits to facilitate learning across practitioners, policymakers, and other key PAYA stakeholders.
- Develop tools, resources, and other technical assistance products to support program & policy development and systems change efforts at the local, state, and federal level.
- Lead and contribute to research and reporting projects focused on program and policy issues at the intersection of secondary education, post-secondary education, and skills development, with special emphasis on apprenticeship and career and technical education.
- Support PAYA’s grantmaking and grant reporting efforts, in cooperation with initiative leadership.
- Represent New America at external events, including occasional panels, conferences, and symposia.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Experience designing and delivering technical assistance related to education, workforce, or economic development programs and policies
- Experience managing projects and supporting program implementation and/or systems-change initiatives in partnership with federal, state and/or city government
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work across teams and to prioritize multiple streams of work to meet internal and external deadlines
- Strong writing, editing, and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely for public audiences
- Excellent work ethic matched by openness to feedback and collaboration
- Commitment to working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism
- At least 3 years of relevant experience related to career and technical education, workforce development, economic development, or higher education policy required for the policy analyst position. Candidates with at least 5 years of policy-relevant experience will be considered for the senior policy analyst role.
This is a hybrid position with at least 2-3 days/week in a physical office environment in Washington, DC.
Submit a resume and cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but priority will be given to applications received by January 1, 2023.
Starting salary range is $63,000 - $75,000 for the policy analyst role and $80,000 - $90,000 for the senior policy analyst position. Excellent benefits.
No phone calls or emails, please.
New America is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our clientele, our employees and our communities. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination. This is a bargaining unit position. This is a bargaining unit position.