Program Associate - PAYA
The Program Associate will provide critical coordination capacity in the financial and general management of the Partnership to Advance Youth Apprenticeship, a complex, multi-partner initiative within the Center on Education and Labor at New America (CELNA). The Program Associate will support the PAYA team in three main areas:
Program Operations and Administration
- Support the development and submission of key documents for internal and external audiences, including quarterly program updates in both written and slide deck formats
- Liaise with finance, development, communications, events, and facilities teams to support programmatic needs
- Maintain contact lists and databases for the PAYA Network
- Support program communications functions, including correspondence with key stakeholder groups including partners and funders
- Serve as a resource for the PAYA team on administrative and operational processes, including during onboarding
- Identify and recommend strategies for streamlining and improving processes critical to the smooth operation of the initiative
- Special duties and projects as assigned
Contract and Grant Management
- Track applications, payments, and the submission of deliverables in support of the the PAYA grant initiative
- Coordinate invoice, reimbursement, and honoraria tracking and payment processing for various partners and contractors
- Support the development and submission of grant applications and reporting
Meetings and Events Coordination
- Contribute to the planning and coordination of roundtables, stakeholder convenings, interviews, and various other internal and external meetings, and related activities, including occasional support managing meeting requests for program leadership
- Participate in and support the execution of successful technical assistance sessions, webinars, conferences and convenings, both in-person and virtually.
- 2-4 years experience in roles that have supported program administration
- Experience using Microsoft and Google Suite
- Strong professional communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to take ownership of work and see assigned tasks through to completion
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism
- Interest in education and workforce development issues for young adults is a plus
Position Details: This is a hybrid position with at least 2 days/week in New America’s offices located in Washington, DC.
Application Process: Please submit a resume and a short cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with the goal of filling the position in February. No phone calls or emails, please.
Compensation & benefits: The minimum starting salary for this position is $58,000, depending on your experience and demonstrated competencies. In addition, our compensation packages include generous health and retirement benefits and paid time off, including 20 days in your first year of employment.
About PAYA: The Partnership to Advance Youth Apprenticeship (PAYA) is a multi-year, collaborative initiative led by New America’s Center on Education & Labor that supports the success of efforts in states and cities to expand access to high-quality apprenticeship opportunities for high school age youth. The Partnership convenes and mobilizes the expertise, experience, and collective networks of national, state, and regional partners to:
- Improve public understanding and awareness of high-quality American youth apprenticeship and how well such programs serve students, employers, and communities.
- Accelerate and intensify learning by disseminating better information about the conditions and strategies necessary for success and sustainability of youth apprenticeship partnerships.
- Support more high-quality, scalable, youth apprenticeship partnerships in more places that better serve participating employers, students, and communities.
New America is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our clientele, our employees and our communities. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination. This is a bargaining unit position.