Operations Manager - Education and Work Cluster (EWC)
New America’s Education Policy program (EPP) seeks an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of the day-to-day operations, administration, and coordination of programs within the Education and Work Cluster (EWC).
- Manage and track EWC contracts and subcontracts, including internal contract approval and vendor payments. Liaise with New America’s Finance team to complete and troubleshoot contracts, sub-grants and reports.
- Assist with external events and convenings, including participant travel arrangements and reimbursements, honoraria, etc.
- Organize receipts, submit monthly credit card statements for EWC program directors through Concur.
- Organize internal EWC events, including bi-weekly staff meetings, weekly lunches, and regular staff retreats.
- Manage lists and shared information resources such as online subscription logins and passwords, research databases, EWC employee contact information.
- Assist with preparation of annual budget requests, maintain and update monthly EWC budget forecasting spreadsheet.
- Track and assist with grant management processes, including preparation of initial budgets, interim and final budget and narrative reports.
- Manage EWC portion of new staff onboarding process, including scheduling meetings, distribution of onboarding materials.
- Work with EWC managers to organize biweekly time card allocations through ADP.
- Ongoing liaison with central finance and human resources staff, promote communications, provide information about New America policies and practices e.g. employee benefits, all-staff meetings, etc.
- Information resource for EWC interns.
- Occasional scheduling assistance for VP of EWC.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Minimum of five (5) years of project management or operations experience.
- Highly detail-oriented, well-organized, and self-motivated.
- Strong communicator with collaborative spirit and exceptional relationship management skills.
Compensation & Benefits: This position is a full-time role with benefits. The annual salary range for this position is $75,000 - $85,000 depending on experience and demonstrated competencies. New America offers a highly competitive benefits package that includes health care, dental, and vision coverage; a generous retirement plan; paid time off; observes all federal holidays; and an office-wide closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Location: Washington, DC Office ( hybrid work schedule)
Application Process: To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so early submissions are recommended.
No phone calls or emails will be answered.
The work environment is in an indoor office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets
New America is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our clientele, our employees, and our communities. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination. This is not a bargaining unit position.